This soup was one of the best I have made!
Spicy Paleo Sweet Potato Chicken Soup
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 cloves elephant garlic minced
- 1 bunch green chard chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 peppers chopped (red, green, yellow- your favorite kind)
- 2 fennel- use about 1/2 of the top, all of the bulb, chopped
- 4 small sweet potatoes chopped.
- 4 celery stocks
- Any other veggies you want to use up in your fridge
Pour chicken broth in a large pot and turn the stove to medium/high. Add the spices, pepper, ancho pepper, garlic, sea salt (if you use salt). Cut the chicken into small pieces, add to broth. Let chicken cook in broth for about 10-20 minutes as you cut up all the veggies. Add onions first, then peppers, then fennel, then celery. Let cook for about 15 more minutes. Add green chard and sweet potatoes and let cook until sweet potatoes are soft. It took my soup about 15 minutes for the potatoes to be good and soft. Enjoy!