Morning Glory Muffins are one of my most FAVORITE paleo things on the planet!
The writer of the book also has a blog (click here) where she has the recipe for these delicious little treats. I also copied/pasted it below.
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raisins
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons honey (optional)
1/2 cup coconut or olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a standard-sized muffin pan.
2. Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add carrot, apple, coconut and raisins and combine well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and vanilla extract together.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix very well. The batter will be very thick.
5. Spoon the batter out into muffin pan and place on upper or middle rack of your oven for 40-50 minutes.
6. When a toothpick inserted into the top of a muffin comes out clean, the muffins are done.
7. Cool muffins in the pan for 8-10 minutes and then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
**If you are looking for variety, sub out currants or chopped dates for the raisins. You can also add a little orange zest to give them a bit more citrus flavor.
Check out my pics below to see how they turned out….soooo good!
Another treat I made (with the help of my husband), spiced nuts to snack on during the week.
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- chipotle chili powder (to taste)
- cumin powder (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Mix and spread nuts evenly over parchment paper
- Add olive oil and about 1 Tbls of each spice
- Mix with hands until all nuts are evenly coated
- Put in oven for 10 minutes
- After ten minutes stir nuts and let cook 3-4 minutes more
- Take out, try a nut- if need more spice add more
- Let cool at least 10 min on baking sheet
- Put in little baggies to take to work (I like the snack size baggies, then I won’t eat too many!)